- The skin is the largest external organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. The skin protects us from microbes and the elements, helps regulate body temperature, and permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold.
- Since the skinis the largest organ of your body and since it is porous, it absorbs whatever you put on it. The skin's absorption rates of chemicals found in drinking water showed that the skin absorbed an average of 64% of total contaminant dosage.
- Our skin has 3 layers. The epidermis, the outermost layer of skin, provides a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone.
- The dermis, beneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands. The deeper subcutaneous tissue (hypodermis) is made of fat and connective tissue.
- We understand the importance of the total body. What you put in your body is just as important as what you put on your body. Any chemical base products on your skin absorbs at a 64% rate as stated above.
Therefore, that is the reason we specialize in chemical free, vegan friendly, organic and cruelty free ingredients. We believe skincare and body products should be pure and simple.
As a preservative to prevent bacteria and mold in our water based products we use germall plus liquid. It's impossible to have water base products such as; lotions, body wash, etc and not add preservatives. The key is to add a preservative that is paraben free.
Paraben-Free. Germall Plus and Otiphen Plus are both broad-spectrum alternatives that do not contain parabens and are water-soluble.